Monday, August 12, 2013

Iran Could Outlast RP In Asian Hoopsworld

My personal apology to the avid readers of this blog site.  I am seriously taking an important job to fulfill my personal ambitions. But, unfortunately it is not yet done. I hope you understand that I will rarely publish my articles here. One thing is for sure- I am suddenly monitoring any important news in the world of sports.




Back to the topic. Yesterday, I realize that the so-called "Gilas Pilipinas" can make a gallant stand against any Asian powerhouse like Iran. But still to summarize the whole FIBA Asia tournament, it is Iran- a not well-known democratic nation swooped all the opponents (to the extent against the host country) in technically, via double-digit margin.

This country is not well-known in Asian hoops until 24th edition of FIBA Asia- shocked the world on what they accomplished when outlasted Lebanon in gold medal game. The grow of Hamed Haddadi begun. To be honest, Haddadi could be the next big thing in that gigantic continent after Yao Ming.

When I browsed the history behind FIBA Asia, in the first part of that prominent tourney, Philippines was emerged and they so-called "King of Asia". Unfortunately, they failed to sustain it.

Frankly, the big difference between Iran and Philippines is program sustainability. I hope it's not too late for the local basketball associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment